Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I aten't dead

OK, so lately I've been about as good at updating as Carrington. The difference is, I'd be not as likely to leave you with a diatribe about how unqualified politicians are. Truth be told, I ain't political a whole bunch.

I'm a slightly malodorous intellectual, and as such I tend to vote for the Green party. The trouble is, they project the air of people who know a lot of things but aren't necessarily all that clever. I'm expecting that David Cameron will be our next Prime Minister, and he does seem pretty aware of what's up. He'd probably be a pretty good leader, although it pains me to say that since he belongs to the Conservative party, better known as The Enemy. I figure he'll be the head of the government as the slippery slope to global energy shock becomes apparent and will do one of two things.
1). Use all of his political savvy to tapdance on the avalanche, hoping against hope to run out his term before society breaks down into tiny self-sufficient fiefdoms. It's the traditional way.
2). Take effective but wildly unpopular steps to maintain the integrity of the UK as a country and maybe even preventing economic meltdown. Lose the support of his party, loose the next election in a landslide. Become canonised by future generations. This is the way of Jimmy Carter.

Right. It's time I stopped thinking about this. I have to think of way to say "it didn't work because we didn't know what we were doing and are still vague on that score" that sounds scientifically reputable. To work!


wiping their shoulders from the earth